Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wed. Jan. 28, 2009


I guess this is day 28 of my retirement. I only know that because today is January 28th. and I retired on Jan. 1. I am now beginning to realize I am facing a real problem in a couple of days. When the date switches over to another month, I will lose this easy way of keeping track and will actually have to start adding the number of days in each month in order to determine how long I have been retired. Maybe I should start keeping track of the hours or minutes since this manner would be a continuum, rather than starting and ending like the months do. And for those of you considering retirement, take note of what weird things go through your mind when you have nothing better to do. Be afraid, be very afraid!


Moving on, we passed our first week in Florida yesterday (see, there is that time/space continuum thingy again). Generally the weather here is really nice. I've noticed a weird phenomenon when we watch the news from up north: while sitting here in 74 degree weather with beautiful sunshine, and seeing snow, sleet, wind, ice, etc. you develop a mental detachment which makes it impossible to actually sense the pain of the cold weather. It just doesn't seem real as though we are watching a disney fantasy or something.


And finally for today, above is the requisite cute puppy photo.
Until next time:
Larry




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree it is different when you actually move south vs. taking a vacation in the south.