Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Question Ends Here

The following dissertation is from http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/care_less.html and covers a topic of great concern to me. I have had this discussion with some of my more erudite friends and despite the evidence at hand, there are "some" who still disagree with me about this.


"I could care less" vs. "I couldn't care less"

When one usually states "I could care less", they usually mean "I could not care less". [e.g. "I could care less about linguistics."]
In order for one to "care less" about a subject, they must first care about it somewhat. Saying "I could care less about ... " does indeed imply, nay dictate, that there is some degree of care.
I've put together a handy chart to help visualize...


And so, I'm certain this should be the final discussion regarding this subject. As the title suggests, "The Question Ends Here". But there are some stubborn individuals who will continue to say it wrong. But, you know what? I couldn't care less! And I mean that!

3 comments:

Brian said...

I knew you were going to pick that topic.

I say it correctly.

Brian said...

Are you guys going to Daytona?
The duals start today at 1PM

Anonymous said...

Brian, you say it correctly, because you were raised correctly!!!