Wednesday, February 04, 2009

When will it get warm here?


Today is (in addition to being Feb. 4th, and the 35th day of my retirement) college football letter of intent signing day. This is the college equivalent to the NFL draft and sets the stage for college football's national championship for several years.
Having said that, I am happy to report that Professor Tressel at THE Ohio State University showed up on signing day and has captured 7 of the top 100 national prospects so far, leaving OSU with one of their best recruiting classes under Coach Tressel, and one of the best in the nation. Players signed will fill holes left by departures to the NFL from last years Fiesta Bowl champions and will keep the Buckeyes quietly in the hunt for yet another national championship.
Moving on to less enjoyable subjects, it is cold here in Florida today. I'm not saying cold, like in Ohio cold, cold like in Florida cold. It won't get about 58 today, and there is a strong wind blowing. It is supposed to go below freezing tonight and be cold again tomorrow. I know, I know, I am not going to get any sympathy from my friend up north and that is as it should be. Just to let you know I am NOT laying on the beach, sucking up rays, but rather, sitting in the motorhome trying to keep warm.
The opening photo is kinda neat. You may remember that Larry and Krista took us to a concert last week. This is a photo of them standing in line to get our tickets.
Until next time, stay safe.


3 comments:

janet said...

I would take 58 over 18 any day.Want to trade?

Anonymous said...

Ohio state didn't win the fiesta bowl this year. And I'm ready to kick your ass back up to OHIO for downing on our sunny warm weather down here! I took the dogs both for a walk in shorts and a T shirt today with my sunglasses on. I guess it's true that when you retire and lose your identity (Mahoning valley Electric) you become a debby downer and can't be grateful for much. Today I was grateful for the sun, that I got off work at 4 pm and went in at 1 pm lol! For my two doggies even though DJ ate a bag of gummy coke bottles and threw up all over.

Larry Jr

larrycad said...

Ok, Ok, I have been chastised properly and I promise to have a brighter outlook from here on out. Besides, it is going up to 78 this weekend and that makes it a whole lot easier to be cheerful!!!